CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Get Out Your Baking Mits!


Everyone knows I'm a baker...and oh, how I love to bake! Cakes are my fancy, but I pretty much love to bake anything. Right now, strawberries are in season so I am taking advantage. This strawberry pie recipe is so easy and super yummy. I hope you whip one up this weekend and enjoy every bite--we sure will at the Wiggins home! :) Oh, and the pie in the picture pretty much looks like the one I make, except I top the whole thing with cool whip--YUM.

OLD FASHIONED STRAWBERRY PIE
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 (3 oz) package strawberry gelatin
2 cups halved strawberries
1 (9 inch) piecrust, baked
whipped cream/cool whip

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and cook over medium heat until thick, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Place halved strawberries in cooled, baked piecrust. Pour glaze over strawberries. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish (or top) with whipped cream or whipped topping. ENJOY!

1 comments:

Georgie said...

I love all the new blogging & photos! Precious! Love all 3 of you! xoxoxoxoxo, Georgie Ted Anne & Paige